Sunday, October 25, 2015

Baby White

 April 14th we learned what the gender of the new baby would be.

Let me just say I never have felt like I've known what we were going to have, but I just really felt so strongly it was going to be a girl. I had only saved a bucket of girl clothes...

In the days before we had been throwing around names and there wasn't a boy name that I loved but there was a girl name. While talking to Andrew on the phone the day before the ultra sound I said there's a girl name I really like but I don't know if you'll like it and he said he had thought of a name for a girl as well. He said it was Faith, and I said "That's the name I wanted!!!" Must be meant to be.

He concluded it must be a girl. And stuck to that all the way into the ultra sound.

Needless to say I was more than shocked when they said it was a boy!

I don't usually let myself have expectations so I don't feel the disappointment when it's not how I think it should be.

So to say I disappointed is an understatement. I felt so sure.  Wow, I'm a brat I know here I was getting the baby we had wanted for 4 years and I was upset it was a boy!?!

It took me a while to get my feelings in order, but I did.
  We came home and filled black gallons with the proper confetti to let the children find out what we were having. Of course the boys wanted a boy and the girls wanted a girl. Boys win!
 Obviously a boy.
  Andrew took me to look at baby clothes after we found out it was a boy. That didn't help, they all had ugly animals on the front!

It's hit and miss with cute boy clothes and in my opinion they were all hideous.

So I bought fabric to make him a blanket, something cute that I would like.


 It started coming together and I was softening to the idea.

I was just so sure it would be a girl, I didn't know how to process it. And I didn't do it very well.

 Of course I'm behind on the blog so I can say I love him to pieces and wouldn't trade him for anything. He is just perfect for our family.

Those expectations will get you every time! Or just me, because I can be a little bratty.

No comments: