Monday, August 1, 2011

Smells Funny

So on Saturday I was feeling pretty productive. I got my self out of bed and went right out to the pool to clean out the filters. They were due, since the last big dust storm.

It's a pretty big job, there are four filters and the come a little above my waist when on the ground. They are very heavy when filled with dirt and muck. But I succeeded in getting them out and spaying them all clean.

Next job up was to get the extra dirt and rocks that have made their way into the filter area due to water run off. It's pretty tight back there so there was some sweat involved. Then I went around the pool raking and picking up just trash in general, and spraying off the bird pooh.

By the time I was finished with the pool area It was 11:30. I had started at 8:30. Andrew did finish digging out the area where the water was causing all the rocks to run down by the filter.

Well on to the rest of the house. I took the boys in their room for a good cleaning and stripped all the beds down. Moved on to scrub the bathroom, Rigdon's room and finish up the girls room. My room wasn't too bad but also received a scrub down in the bathroom.

Can't stop yet the kitchen needed to be done. sweeping and mopping. All the while pausing to go put the sheets back on the beds once they came out. While in the boys room Ashlynn came in to offer some help.
Ashlynn: these sheets smell funny.
Me: They do?, I just washed them.
Ashlynn: Oh, were you sweating outside?
Me: Um, Yes It's hot out there.
Ashlynn: yeah, then it's probably you.

I finished up around 4:00 the house was finally finished. I took a shower to get rid of my SMELL.

Yes, I do have my children clean. This day I just wasn't in the mood to be after them all day. It is more exhausting to stay on top of helpers sometimes.

1 comment:

Carr Family said...

I've never thought you were stinky!

Sometimes (today) I don't want help either. It's too much work to make sure it gets done right!