Sunday, May 6, 2012

Evolving

 Now that my children are getting older I can't help but remember how life was when when they were all small.

The days were spent here at my house, washing and tidying and playing at home. Our big outings would be a trip to Coscto, Walmart, Grandma's house, or the park.

It was busy! There was always some mess to clean up, or a diaper to change. I would look forward to nap time and bed time for just a little down time. Don't get me wrong I love my job and wouldn't want to do anything else. There was just so much going on that a little down time was needed for sanity. You know what I mean.

Anyway the busy was mostly in the morning and by evening things would slow down.
 Now that my children are bigger, everyone will be in school next year, There is a very different kind of busy. Now sure it's busy until 8:00 am when the kids leave for school, Then I have some down time.

I'll be honest I take some time to put my feet up and watch a show, or even close my eyes. I know what  is  coming.

Then I start the daily jobs, the never ending laundry( thank goodness for washers and dryers) the dishes all the jobs that need to get done at my liesure of course.

 I might work on girls camp stuff or go over my lesson on Sunday. It's my time and I try to use it wisely.

THen when the afternoon hits I know that is when my new busy time hits. Picking up the kids and getting the homework done. Dropping off one child or another at piano, scouts, young womens, gymnastics... the list goes on and on.

The homework folders come out and need to be checked and signed. Everyone is supposed to read a half an hour a day... try fitting that in! I do my best, it doesn't always work out and twice now I have written a note to a teacher and said we just ran out of time to finish homework and I sent them to bed at 9.


I would have never thought that when I was in the trenches with little ones that it could actually get more busy! Who knew?!

Well it does, It is exhausting most days, but I STILL LOVE IT!!!!!

IT is a joy to see them learn and grow. Now, is it bedtime yet?

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Oh Dawn, you are such a wonderful mother! You are amazing and you make me excited to be a mom! I hope you get some good relaxing time today! :)