Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Girls Trip!!! It's about time.

 I returned from girls camp on Saturday and on Wednesday I picked up Sarah from the airport! We were so thrilled to be together. Usually we spend our time together chatting on the phone while folding laundry or washing dishes, the never ending chores.

We had decided she would fly to my house then we would leave the next day to drive to San Diego. All of our adult lives we have not been together just us. Usually I fly to her house or she flies to mine and we happily hang out together while we do the other ones chores and shuttle children around. So getting away alone was a BIG deal.

So after a day and a half of driving the children to different activities we were ready to hop in the mini and go!

Oh , wait one other pit stop. Andrew suggested that I get the tires checked before we go. I was ready to shrug his suggestion off since the tires are new. but he did mention it a few times....

We ran the mini down to discount tire where they told us it would be an hour and a half wait. Well I just didn't have time, we had to pick up Sienna for ballet in 40 minutes. So I made the decision to leave, the tires would be fine.

I dropped Sarah at the house and picked up Sienna to go to ballet, on the way back I stopped in the bank for cash... I was about to get in the mini and my eye caught something shiny on the tire, A screw!!! Oh man, I guess I have to get back to discount.

Lesson learned follow the promptings given so kindly by the hubby.

We went back and they had to give us a whole new tire. I'm so glad we didn't get stuck with a flat on our road trip to fun.

We stayed at this beautiful hotel The Grand Hyatt in San Diego. A great deal on priceline, we were on the 23rd floor with a view of the ocean, and the Gas Lamp District.
 The lobby and my beautiful friend.

We arrived late on Thursday night and the next day we headed out to walk the Gas Lamp District. There were many neat little shops and some giant flower earrings.
 We walked about 5 miles then decided to get some lunch in Little Italy. It was divine!

After that we headed for the beach. The high was 72 so it was a tad chilly, but we still soaked up some sun.

 We tried the hotel pool, also chilly. Not so much sun.
 We headed out to Outback for dinner where while waiting Sarah found the most perfect pair of shoes and I got a case for my new iphone. Very productive. then we went to the movies. We saw Snow White and the Huntsman. Snow White stunk but everyone else was good so overall a good flick.

It was so fun to not have a care in the world! We decided what to do and when to do it. It was a pretty free feeling.
 Saturday we did a session at the San Diego Temple. This is the first temple I remember being inside. Sister Hampton took me to the open house when I was 14 and it is beautiful!

 That afternoon we walked the zoo. You can see a lot of the zoo without kids.


 For dinner we headed back to the same place we had lunch the day before. We were hooked on this thin dough with cheese then another layer of dough and then topped with honeycomb. It was the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
 Sunday we walked around the gardens at Balboa Park before we hopped back in the mini to head home.
 It was such a great get away! I loved every minute of it.

Monday was back to the real world of carpooling, but we did squeeze in a foot zone before I had to return her to her family in Vermont! Yay for friends from childhood!!

No comments: