Sunday, July 22, 2012

Swimming and the Haboob

 Saturday we were invited to the family compound of one of the guys Andrew works with. They have a giant amazing pool in the middle of all their houses.

My kids surprised me with the lack of fear of heights and each of them jumped off the 12 foot cliff jump! Everyone except Rigdon even did a dive off! The rope swing was a hit and you can't tell but there are two water slides that come out under the waterfalls.

 Rigdon at the end of his jump. He looks like he could be standing on the water.
 Then the haboob moved in. It came up fast and we grabbed everything and headed indoors for about an hour till it passed.

I hope we get invited back It was fun!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Where did the term "haboob" come from? I have never heard it until this summer, and I've been around a long time!

Dawn said...

I don't know, I think they have been calling the dirt storms that for the last 2 years on the news.