Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Girls camp! I still got to go!

The end of May brought the excitement of Girls Camp. Usually this excitement starts in January,  but as I am no longer the camp director the thrill was saved for May!

The Bishop's and their wives were invited to spend all of Friday at Camp Shadow Pines. So we left bright and early at 6am up to the mountains.

We arrived for Breakfast and then went on rotations with the girls .
We enjoyed the class taught by President and Sister Wilcock.
We did a drum work out and talked about the importance of keeping our bodies healthy.



 Annalee Hunsaker and I getting our drum on.
 They also played a game of human battleship. A giant tarp blocked the view as water balloons were launched with shouts of hit! or miss! or near hit....


 Ashlynn and her friend Paige Egbert.
 Ready for lunch.

 We played a game of Family feud with our ward. We learned what made their mothers feel loved, and what they thought would help them peace in our homes.

I loved being able to go to camp again! I have now been more years as an adult than as a young woman. And I went all 6 years as a youth!

I enjoy hearing their testimonies at the end of the night and seeing how they have changed over the
years. These young women are so strong. They have such hard things to deal with. The world is much more difficult to navigate than when I was their age.

After testimony meeting we had cinnamon rolls for dessert. I stayed up late the night before trying to make a treat that would still taste fresh when we ate it. I think they were a success.

I offered to drive us home as it was late and allergies were kicking Andrew's booty. He looked so tired.

We arrived back home about 1am and as I got up to get Gunner to a Leadership training at 7am I couldn't help but feel a little grumpy about having a meeting planned that early on a Saturday. Morning People.... I don't understand them:)


1 comment:

Jenna Foote said...

Yeah, my allergies get pretty bad up at Shadow Pines, too. I learned that the hard way last year. Zyrtec kept me alive this time around.

It was so fun having you guys at camp. Bishop's Day is the best part of camp, in my opinion. I'm glad you came up with Bishop! And yes, your cinnamon rolls were delicious!