Monday, November 28, 2011

A little shady

After Family Home Evening tonight I proceeded with the showering and getting ready for bed routine.

I told Gunner to get in the shower. For some reason he is quite reluctant to shower. I have eased up and let him shower every other night.

On the way to the shower he wanted to stop and get his book, telling me he just wanted to put it in his room.

Fine. Just get in the shower after please.

A few moments later as the request sank in I went into his room to find no book on the night stand. Of course I can hear the shower running...

I go to find the little key to unlock the bathroom door, and HELLO there is my Gunner sitting fully clothed on the toilet(seat down) reading his book.

This child may be the death of me.

6 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Ratz...I hate it when they get smart! Good luck. LOL.

Emilee said...

hahaha did he even get his hair wet?!?!

Dawn said...

He may have been planning to, but had not at the time I broke in.

WEEDS said...

Reading, you should be grateful. So many boys avoid books like they avoid showers.

Alicia W said...

The boy just has a little extra teenager in him. The showers thing will come. We make fun of 7 th graders because they smell. Society will pressure him into better hygiene. Love that boy!

Cristal said...

i love that. and really on the bright side he is doing something kind of productive rather than playing a ds or whatever.