Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Projects

 November and December Mason and I worked on some projects.

He make naked eggs for the science fair. For school we called them translucent eggs:0

He let vinegar dissolve the calcium in the shells creating a translucent egg. Pretty cool.

He also put one in corn syrup which made the egg shrivel up. Another one went into a cup of water causing it to swell up.
 I was working on loaves of bread for all the members of our ward who attended tithing settlement.

My friend told me about someone who did that for her ward and I thought it would be a fun project. I like to bake and it doesn't take too long.  I certainly have the cinnamon bread recipe memorized now.

I ended up making about 120 loaves of bread. Of course it was over 3 weeks so it wasn't bad at all.

I really didn't expect all of the beautiful cards and thank you's I received. But I often had tears in my eyes.  It was a lot of fun.
 Many day's this is what the table or the counter looked like. I just loved seeing all my cute little loaves all lined up so nicely.

Inevitably there was about one no show often so we had lots of cinnamon toast in November. The kids were very...
 happy
 happy
 happy.

No comments: